April Book Haul

Helloo Everyone,

I was a bit more sensible this month when it came to buying books because I thought I'd give my bank account a nice break haha! Some of the ones I bought where from my April book wishlist (link is here) and others were random buys which is always great right? I'll give you all the little details below so here they are!



We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

This is a weird one because technically I read the book before I bought it. Basically me and my friend had a long train journey back home so I borrowed a book from her to read while she read hers and it happened to be this book. I liked the book and just managed to finish it before I arrived at my stop but I left like it was kinda rushed so I wanted to reread it, hence why I bought it myself! It's all on the author's opinions and experiences that reflect feminism or not in some cases, a very interesting read!


The Tourists by Julianne Pachico

I was definitely an eager beaver when it came to this book because I bought it and read it all in the same day haha! I went to London for the day and saw an independent bookshop I'd never been into before so obviously I had to go in, saw this little beauty and came out with it (don't worry I didn't steal it, I did actually pay for it hehe) It's all very mysterious and eerie during this lavish party and while reading something is going on but you're not 100% sure what and it just sucks you into the book making you want to read more, what reader doesn't want that? It's only a short little story but it really does make you think about the story even after you've finished reading!


Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

How beautiful is this cover? I think very! Not just that but I also told myself to start reading more classic books and this is the first stop! I don't normally read romantic books either so that will be amusing to see how that goes haha!


All My Friends are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman

This book seems absolutely hilarious! This guy Tom, all his friends are superhero (spoiler right?) apart from him but they have quirky superpowers like 'The Rememberer' who can remember all conversations and 'The Couch Surfer' live off of his friends generosity, they're just so random! It'll be fun to read something comical after some of the books I read this month weren't always cheerful!


Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandlel

Ooo I love a post apocalyptic book, and if I'm honest I read the reviews and they are pretty good so that tempted me to buy it after it was recommended to me! I only do it once in a while because I've been burned more than once but I'm willing sometimes to try out a book that I wouldn't have picked myself!


What books did you buy in the month of April? Have you read any of these books yet and if so what are your thoughts? I would love to know so give me a comment below and I'll be sure to reply because I love talking to you guys hehe! I hope you enjoyed this months book haul and I'll see you next time :)


Do you have Goodreads? If so you can check out all my books here!


*I am an Amazon affiliate and get a small cut from every purchase made through my link*


Ali Caitrin

3 comments

  1. In April I've finally read the rest of Girl Online. It is a great book but since I started reading it in a time where I had two exams every week it was very hard to get to the end. Now I can say that it was a great book with a cute finale :)
    All my friends are superheroes sounds really cute by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished Station Eleven today. I enjoyed it. I'm still letting it settle in now that I've finished with it. I hope to have the review written by Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I finished Station Eleven the other week and really liked it. That copy of Sense and Sensibility is so pretty. Hope you'll enjoy it! It's not my favourite Austen book, but it's still really good :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig