Nine Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2016

looking forward to 2016

It's New Years Eve which we can only mean there's one day left of 2015! Weird? I'm not sure whether this year has gone by really quick or just dragged itself along. All I can say for sure is that it was definitely eventful and I want 2016 to be more positive not just because it's new year but because it's how it should be. I've also decided not to have any New Year's resolutions because every time I set myself one I end up slacking after a few weeks. Instead I want to talk about the great things I know that's going to happen! Let's start the New Year with a positive mindset!


#1 Travelling around the UK

I've decided that this year I'm going to stick to little adventures in the UK. Why? Because here's me wanting to visit places like the U.S and Asia yet I've barely seen any of the neighbours i.e Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The plan is to try explore as much of them as I can while studying and working, that's plausible right?


#2 Finding coping mechanisms for my anxiety and depression

I spoke about my depression diagnosis this month where I mentioned that I was about to start therapy. Well I had my first session last week where I established my goal of 'wanting to find coping strategies to get out of the high states of anxiety and feeling down'. I'd like to think this means I'm one step closer from actually achieving it although I may have a long way to go!


#3 Speaking up more about topics that are important to me

I've done a couple of posts that were originally out of my comfort zone such as the the tampon talk and the stereotypes about feminists but to me those were baby steps. I'm planning to talk about a lot more like politics, sex education and more on mental health. I'm hoping you'll like them just as much as I'll enjoy writing them!


#4 Figuring out what I want to do with my life

Oh I'm such a cliché I know! The problem is 2015 involved a lot of of twists and turns with future plans not going accordingly (partly my fault, party bad luck) which means I've got to get my arse into gear and sort out my freaking life so my future will look more promising! The struggle is real people.


#5 Continuing to improve my photography

I genuinely believe that my photography has improved since I first starting blogging just over a year ago if I don't say so myself. I know I have a lot more to learn and that's okay! I was even thinking of taking a photography course in London so that's something that could be added my agenda sometime in the near future, who knows?


#6 Reading more books

We all knew this was going to happen let's be fair. I have a lot books on my to-read list so it's not like I haven't got anything to choose from, all I need to do now is decide what my reading goal is going to be! Luckily I still have one more day to decide. Keep an eye out for my 2016 reading challenge post coming up soon!


#7 Taking my blog to the next level

With some help from a fellow blogger I'm on my way to improving my blog bit by bit. You'll start to see changes on here over the next month or two and I promise they won't be anything major as I still want it to be me! I hadn't reviewed my blog in a while so it was about time really. To be honest I can't wait because it means that my blog is going forward!


#8 Watching 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' in the cinema

I've got a long time to wait as it's not released till November. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT'S EXCITED ALREADY?


#9 Being more creative

I've never seen myself as the creative type. I want that to change which lead me to writing a list of all the things that I want to try to bring out my creative side, it's there somewhere! One thing I wrote is signing up for a class so I'm thinking about learning a new language at my local library and another is to try doing doodles to explore my ideas! I want to finally live up to my full potential.


Do you have any goals for 2016? If so feel free to share them and if you don't let me know in the comments why you're don't. I'm really looking forward to the New Year and I hope you're all are too! I'll see you back here in 2016 :)



Ali Caitrin

24 comments

  1. I'm aiming to read more books too because I started a booktube channel on youtube this year and I want to improve my reading levels :)
    If you want to read more you could try a 2016 reading challenge? I found a good one I'm going to have a go of.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo starting a booktube channel sounds exciting, I will have to find your channel and be nosy hehe! I'm not sure if I'm going to be a specific challenge or just set myself a goal of reading a certain amount of books but we'll see :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea to just start positively with the great things! Looks like you've got a fab year ahead. I'm not setting strict resolutions either, I'm just promising myself to start embracing the things I love. Even if I feel a bit lazy, I can remind myself that I LOVE going for walks and then I'll remember to get up and do it!

    http://eggplantemoji.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's a great way of looking at things! Resolutions never work for me, I find this way a lot more motivating :)

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with you on travelling round the UK. I feel guilty as I've never even been to Scotland. Also I can tell you, even when your full fledged into a career, you still have the what the hell do I want to do with my life questions. But thats kind of the beauty- just figuing it our along the way x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Ireland twice already because I have family over there but I've never visited Scotland or Wales so they're definitely on the list this year! AI agree I don't think I'm going to just figure out my life straight away and I know the journey is the fun part but I want it to be less of a mess at the same time haha!

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of listing the things you're looking forward to rather than just 'these are my goals for next year'. What's the point in setting goals you won't enjoy achieving, eh? Looking forward to reading all about your UK adventures :)
    www.moonandforest.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it :D Yeah that never works for me so I decided this approach is a lot better and fingers crossed means I'm more likely to succeed! Oh don't worry I'll make sure to post all my travel adventures on here ;)

      Delete
  5. I hope you manage to do all of these things in 2016! I look forward to seeing more of those blog posts- they sound really good and on topics that I am actually quite interested in too x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole, so do I haha! I'm really looking forward to talking about certain topics are they'll be on things I've never spoken about on here, hoping it's a success :)

      Delete
  6. This is awesome Ali, if you end up in Milton Keynes, give me a shout, I'd love to meet up!

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never explored Milton Keynes, I was there a couple of months ago when I went to a museum but I didn't explore the town at all! Don't worry Sarah you'll be the first to know ;)

      Delete
  7. Great post. And good luck with all your plans for 2016. It's taken me 3 years to find good coping mechanisms for my anxiety and depression. It can be a bit of a slog but you'll get there. Also you need to visit Scotland. I have only been once but it was better than all my trips abroad. So gorgeous. There's nowhere else like it. Happy new year x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be cured or anything by the end of 2016 because that's an unrealistic goal to have but I hope to at least taken a few steps forward from where I'm at now! I'll have good days and bad days.
      Thank you Aimee and Happy New Year to you too :)

      Delete
  8. This was such a lovely post! Good luck with these plans, I hope 2016 is a positive and memorable year for you!

    Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Nabeela and I wish the same to you :)

      Delete
  9. You have many inspirational goals. I hope that you achieve most if not all. Good luck and happy new year! -new follower, I invite you to take a look at my blog- Beautiful blog and photographs btw.

    Olive Needs Popeye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too and I hope you achieve any goals you might have!

      Delete
  10. I'm SO EXCITED FOR FANTASTIC BEASTS. It's going to be sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'm so glad someone else said they were too. I was starting to worry that I might be the only one haha!

      Delete
  11. These are really good and achievable goals for the year! Can't wait to see your blog develop with new kinds of posts! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to set myself goals that I knew I could achieve if I work my hardest, no point in setting myself unrealistic goals because I know what I'm like haha! Awh thank you Lauren and I hope you all like it :)

      Delete
  12. I hope you'll be able visit all the places you want to see this year. Also, thumbs up to you for deciding to tackle your anxiety and depression. Making a stance against them in your own mind is definitely the best way to start overcoming them. Trust me, I've been there. I hope you reach all your goals for this year Ali. Looking forward to your blog changes ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have some great goals - achievable but a challenge. Best of luck with them all. :)

    I can not wait for Fantastic Beasts! x

    Erin | beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig