Same Blog, New Name


Helloo Everyone,

This is a very quick post just to say that I finally got a new domain name for my blog! I have been saying for months now that I was thinking of doing this and I just never got around to actually sorting it all out. I was a little bit nervous too because I wasn't sure what to do and I was worried I would do something wrong, but it's easy peasy really. Well there was one little glitch that panicked about but after a little investigating I managed to fix it at three in the morning haha!


Just an FYI, I'm currently in the process of changing my bloglovin account so I can move you lovely lot over with me which means you guys don't have to do a thing! I thought I was going to have to set up another one which would have been a nightmare but thankfully that's not the case.


Well that's it from me, if you have any questions on getting a new domain name for your blog then feel free to ask! Although I wouldn't call myself a pro as such I will try my best to help. I'm back to normal with posting now and like I said nothing is changing here on my blog, just wanted to add a personal touch hehe! I hope you're all well and I'll see you very soon :)


Ali Caitrin

10 comments

  1. Well done on the domain name! I'm still umming and ahing about changing mine, I should probably stop putting it off!

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Hannah :)
      Obviously you don't have to get a new one if you're fine with the one you have but I wanted to change mine for ages so I thought why not haha! If you do then go for it, no time like the present ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the upgrade! I was extremely nervous about purchasing my own, but glad I did it :) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was quite nervous that I'd do something wrong but it's easier than I thought hehe!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new domain name! Hope it works out well for you! Good to hear that Bloglovin' can work with a new domain too - that would be a worry of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad that I done it :D and no it's quite easier, I think it takes a couple of days but it's worth it so you don't have to start all over again ;)

      Delete
  4. I really want to change my blog name but I've been worrying about the whole bloglovin' situation. Was it easy enough to transfer the followers to the new domain? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was quite easy, all you need to do is write a post telling people that you've changed your domain name (which would be helpful to do anyway) then email bloglovin support letting them know the new domain and ask to transfer your followers! Voila ;)

      Delete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig