Five Books That Gave Us Great Life Advice

books give life advice

We can all need advice from time to time (whether we like it or not) and what bookworm hasn't learned a thing or two from books? Still you might be surprised just how much they impact our lives for the better without us even realising, don’t forget there’s a reason why we love them like we do guys. So I've picked four books from my bookcase, plus one I borrowed from the library, that I felt gave me some really useful life advice and thought I would share them with you. You know, because I like keeping you all in the know about what's good about books!


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

As we grow up we’re told that actions speak louder than anything else but you should never underestimate the power of words. Liesel from The Book Thief loves books so much that she steals them as she feels she’ll become more powerful once she learns to read. Now that's dedication right there!


Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling

Any potterhead will know that the previous Defence against the Dark Arts professor Remus Lupin is a werewolf but that didn’t stop him from achieving all that he did at Hogwarts and even start a family of his own. He proved that your disabilities do not have to define who you are. To be honest I knew this already but it's always good when a book speaks up about important topics too!


The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Having true friends is really important because they will be the ones who share their love in times of trouble. Charlie in The Perks of Being a Wallflower struggled with a mental illness and it wasn’t till he became friends with Sam and Patrick that he realised that he could be happy and feel ‘infinite’.


#4 I Am Malala by Christina Lamb and Malala Yousafzai

The inspirational activist Malala Yousafzai talks about standing up against the Taliban about her right to an education in her best-selling book ‘I Am Malala’. If that doesn’t say that you should always fight for what you believe in then nothing else will!


#5 Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Last but not least, being a fangirl/fanboy can be freaking awesome! We all know that feeling of getting lost in a fictional world like Cath in Fangirl does and there’s nothing else quite like it so don’t let anyone tell you any different!


Do you have any life advice that you’ve learned from the wonders of books? I know there's more than five books out there that have done this so comment below telling us what you've learned them - good or bad! Well I'm off read another book from my February TBR pile and I'll see you all soon :)

14 comments

  1. Love this! I feel like everything I've ever learned has been from books pretty much!

    Emma | eggplantemoji.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! It's great that an author can spread so many messages through their work <3

      Delete
  2. Do you know, I've read Harry Potter over and over again yet I've never got that message from it before. But I totally see that now! I love it. This definitely sums up some good lessons from books. There are loads more, too. So many books have taught me important life lessons! X www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's awesome! I'm not sure if anyone else has either so maybe I'm just weird haha ;) and I agree there are so many more books, I'm even thinking of doing a 'five more books' post in a few months :D

      Delete
  3. I have learnt so much from books, what a fantastic post!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel :) That seems to be a theme so I'm happy that everyone else has gained a lot from books like myself!

      Delete
  4. Aw I loved this post. I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed not that long ago and was moved by it's message of self-acceptance and challenging yourself to evaluate what's really important in your life.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks Roxie :D
      I've heard of that book a couple of times before and heard good things about it. I might just have to add to my 'books I need to buy' list hehe!

      Delete
  5. Amazing post, thanks for sharing! Always looking for new books to read. the perks of being a wallflower- sounds really interesting.
    and harry potter is the best ^__^

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of The Book Thief and think everyone should read it at least once. Have you seen the movie?

    I haven't read the other books (I know, even my boyfriend can't believe I've not read any of the Harry Potter books!), but I'll keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing post. I love Harry Potter and The Book Thief. You don't realise how many lessons books can actually teach you, but there are so many.
    Alicia :)
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry Potter! <3 I've not read a couple of these and I really want to pick them up now. I love books that make me think and give me some reasoning behind reading other than just enjoying the process.

    xo, Kimberly
    www.blogsfordays.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my GOD The Book Thief! My favourite book of all time!

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig