April TBR

Helloo Everyone,

Another month, another to-be-read pile! Oh wait but Ali, we're already half way through the month?! I know I know I'm sorry I will get the hang of this I swear I'm trying to get more organised now, I'll get there eventually haha! Anyway, I did pretty well last month with reading 2 more books than expected so I've decided to read 4 books this month instead of 3, I love a challenge! So you want to know what books I'm reading this month? Here they are:



#1 The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe

This is one of Penguin's 80 short story books for their 80th birthday! I bought 2 more of those books too but I thought I would start with this one because I find what it says on the back to describe the book intriguing: "Horrifying tales of mystery, sickening madness and buried bodies by the master of the macabre."
Now c'mon, if that doesn't get you hooked then I don't know what will haha!


#2 The Tourists by Julianne Pachico

This was a random little buy when I was in a bookshop in Hampstead and it just caught my eye. Yes it was first the cover that attracted me to it but it was the short story inside that convinced me to buy it! It centers around a man that's hosting a party at his house but as the day gets later things don't seem to be going to plan.. A little mystery is good sometimes!


#3 A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab

When I bought this book I originally thought it was a YA fantasy novel but I've recently learned that I was mistaken as it's actually classed as Adult! She used two different names to spare her Young Adult book to her Adult books so if the book says "V. E. Schwab" it's Adult and if it says "Victoria Schwab" it's young adult! You learn something new every day right? Back to the book, it's set in London where it centers around a girl named Kelly who is a Traveler-magician who can travel between parallel universes to the city. She has an important mission which is to stay alive and save all the worlds, I wonder if she can do it?


#4 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I have heard so many good things about this book, when I post my March Book Haul (the link is here) I got many comments from others saying how amazing the book was and how it'll make me cry. Well I'm not looking forward to possibly crying but if a book can make you feel that emotional it's got to be good! This is my second historical fiction novel so I'm glad I've found another genre I like!


What books are you reading this month? Have you read any books, if so what did you think? Let me know in the comments because I love reading them and hearing what books you enjoy or in some cases don't! I hope you enjoyed this bookish post and I'll see you next time :)


Do you have Goodreads? If so you can check out all my books at https://www.goodreads.com/profile/alicaitrin


Ali Caitrin

6 comments

  1. I've heard lots of good things about Darker Shade of Magic - will be interested to hear your thoughts! :) The Book Thief is my all-time favourite book, I so hope you love it. And yes... Keep some tissues handy ;) Such a beautiful book <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm currently reading The Book Thief and I know something bad is going to happen soon, if it's what I think it is I am going to cry for sure lol!

      Delete
  2. The Book Thief is a must read! I read it awhile ago and still think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it seems to be one of those books that just sticks with people, I hope it does to me too :)

      Delete
  3. Great choices! I especially enjoyed reading the stories of Poe, and The Book Thief. Nice pile you have there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book thief is one of my all time favourite books!!! Can't wait to hear what you thought of it :)

    https://thelittleblogofstuff.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig