Things That Annoy Me

things that annoy me

Let's be realistic - there are some things in life whether they're big or small that just get on our nerves. You know, those pet peeves that drive you up the wall? We've all got them and I've listed eight of my own below that will never stop being annoying! Maybe you'll be able to relate to a few of them.

Waking up before the alarm goes off

If you follow me on Twitter then you'll probably already know that I'm not a morning person as I pretty much tweet about it almost everyday. As well as that I actually really like to sleep, so much so that I have to set five alarms on my phone to make sure I don't oversleep. Yet there have been a few occasions where for some reason my body clock decides to destroy my soul and wake me up an hour or more before my alarm then I'm left either feeling I'm sleep deprived or just plain rough because I went back to sleep again and woke up feeling worse. Curse my unpredictable brain!

People walking slow in front of me

It's always when I'm in a rush to go somewhere that people decide to walk at a snail's pace and seem to all huddle together so you can't even get past them! Oh don't worry take your time, I'm sure the train that only comes once an hour will just wait for me..

Brands different clothing sizes

Why do fashion brands all have different measurements for each size? I don't understand how I can be one size in one shop but in another I can whole three sizes up or down? It's not my size that bothers me, I would just rather not have to guess my size all the time. IS THAT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

Storage almost full message on phones

Yeah I know I have 100s of selfies more than I should and loads of apps I barely use, and now you're telling me to make more room for memory? HELL NO! What if I'm in the mood to play Doodle Jump again, or how will I be able recreate that awesome selfie from last month? I'm not going to delete them so stop with the notifications already! Urgh.

Self-service checkouts

Now this is something I have a weird love-hate relationship with. I like using the self-checkouts because it means I get to avoid awkward social interactions - can you blame me? The only problem is machines aren't perfect either, especially when you hear this:

"Unexpected item in bagging area, please remove item before continuing"

What item? Why? But I've already scanned those.. WHAT DID THOSE BANANAS EVER DO TO YOU?

Withheld or unknown numbers

I refuse to answer a call with a number that's been hidden because of those stupid spam calls! They've broken my trust to answer numbers I don't know of so unless you're going to leave me a voicemail or text me, I'll probably not answer you unless I'm feeling confident which is pretty rare. Just freaking text me okay?

Types of shaming

Body-shaming. Food-shaming. Slut-shaming. Victim-shaming. And any other types of shaming just needs to stop because there is no excuse for it! We're meant to be individuals and how someone else lives their life has nothing to do with you! Seriously wouldn't the world be such a better place if we all accepted each other as equals? What a life that would be.

Being added to a email list without permission

I know a lot of bloggers will be able to relate with me on this one because it seems to happen to us ALL. THE. TIME. You get an email from a brand you've never heard of welcoming you to their new newsletter that you never asked for and introduce you to their products/service you never asked about.. Sorry do I know you?! Thank goodness for the unsubscribe button!

What everyday things annoy you? Is there anything I mentioned above that ring any bells?

7 comments

  1. Great post - can relate to all of these, but mostly the people walking slowly in front of me - boy does that make my blood boil haha! I would add people eating disgustingly to my list haha

    she dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Georgina and I'm glad you enjoyed the read :) Oh damn I completely forgot about people eating badly, especially when someone is chewing really loud with their mouth open.. will definitely add that to the list if I do a part two post haha!

      Delete
  2. YES! So many of these annoy the crap out of me as well. Especially slow walkers. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY! I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds that annoying otherwise I would have felt like a terrible person haha!

      Delete
  3. Great post! Your one about the self service checkouts had me in stitches. Haha. Most of these things annoy me. Also...whistling. I know, I know. It's probably an odd one. But whistling drives me insane! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Aimee :) Yeah I just don't get along with them, they never work properly for me and then I look like a plonker in front of everyone haha! And I can understand the whistling as not everyone finds it amusing so no judging here.

      Delete
  4. Most of those annoy me too!

    One thing that used to really annoy me (I don't have the problem now though!) was when my now ex's alarm went off and he'd sleep through it, but I'd be awake. I'd be practucally shouting at him that his alarm was going off and could he turn it up and get up (leaving me to sleep in peace), but he'd just lie there. Occassionally, he'd wake to turn it off and go back to sleep, but I'd be wide awake thinking he was going to be late for work if he didn't get up. :D

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig