Life Update

Remember me? Well it's been over three weeks since I last posted something here on my blog and to be honest I still don't have that many ideas on what to write at the moment. My creativity (the little bit that I did have) has decided to go on holiday apparently so I thought I would just write what my hands want to type. Don't expect a masterpiece - I'm saving that for another time!


The past couple of weeks have been weird. Kind of melancholy. There were so many things I wanted to do but I couldn't seem to make them happen because I kept making stupid decisions. I felt sorry for myself and wanted to just stay in bed to forget everything as that seemed like the easiest option. Luckily I snapped out of that delusional mindset and started to make some changes in regards to work and uni. I won't be going into detail about it now so instead I'll update you all in another post I've got coming up soon.


Although I find it difficult to get out of a bad patch I would like to think I'm improving as time goes on. The negative thoughts never disappear completely but positive things in my life can shut them down for a while. I started therapy at the beginning of January (diary posts one and two are up already) which has definitely helped me get towards dealing with my problems better! Opening up to people has been a great relief and I've learnt that it's never good to keep things bottled up as my mind seems to like playing tricks on me. It can be really scary not knowing what's around the corner but if I get through what I've been through already then I can do anything!


Richmond Park


It's not all been bad. Over the past two weeks I've been able to catch up with some college/uni friends that I hadn't seen for ages where we got to explore around London. It also gave me the chance to show off some of my photography skills which is always fun! My internet friends are amazing too - I might not be able to go out for tea and cake with them as much as I would like to but I know they're only a tweet or whatsapp message away. There's simply too many of them to list them all here - you all know who you are!



I love dip dying my hair so I got it redone a few days ago and decided to go with pink this time. What do you think?


I never thought I would say this but I've missed writing. That's not me saying I disliked writing before because I've been blogging for over a year now that would be silly. It's more that I never saw myself as much of a writer until recently and after not writing for nearly a month I've realised that it's something that is a big part of my life. Who knew blogging would have such a big impact on me?


Yay I've finally got a blog post done! A big thank you to Sarah from Sarah in Wonderland for suggesting that I do some free-writing as it's really helped me get back into blogging again. I've got some posts in the making that will hopefully be up sometime next week but for now that's it for me. I think we're in need of a catch up so feel free to comment below letting me know how you've all been! Thanks for sticking with me and my blog for this long and I promise I'll be back soon :)


Ali Caitrin

17 comments

  1. I MISSED YOU! I love little life updates like this, sometimes it's nice to just read a post with no structure and let the words flow.
    I hope you're doing well lovely, feel free to message me whenever if you ever want someone to talk to! xx
    P.S. Your hair looks cute as heck!

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWH KATHRYN YOU CUTIE <3 and I agree it's nice to write like this and I had never done one before now, will definitely do more in the future!
      Well I'll definitely take you up on that kind offer as I'm always up for a quick chat :D

      Delete
  2. I missed your posts on my Bloglovin' dash! I'm glad you're back and feeling better.
    Imogen’s Typewriter. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks Imogen! It had been too long but I think the break was needed, I'm back to normal with the blog now :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you've managed to have some nice moment with friends amongst some of the negativity you're been dealing with. It's good to have you back x

    Erin | beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends and family are so important when you're going through bad times. Thank you, I'm glad I'm back to writing again :)

      Delete
  4. Sarah is so awesome- and she's right because this post worked out so well! It's so difficult getting out of a slump. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Sarah is great! It did take me a while to get back into writing posts so it's good to finally feel my blogging myself again :)

      Delete
  5. Love your hair, it looks so nice! :) Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY thanks Tania :D It wasn't originally meant to be as bright as it is but I'm actually happy it turned out that way becos I'm really liking it at the moment!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back lovely and your hair looks fantastic, I wish I had the confidence to try dip dye :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosy :) and you should give dip dying a go if you can! I've been doing it for over a year now and I just redo it when it grows out. The pink is only semi-permanent so it'll go back to blonde soon, you don't have to go for a wacky colour like mine haha!

      Delete
  7. Is free writing pretty much exactly what it sounds like? Stupid question, I know! Glad to see you're back though and I hope that things get back on track for you soon! I love the dip dye! You have quite dark hair, by the looks of that picture, is it hard to dip dye dark hair? I've always wanted to but my hair is so dark I'm afraid to! Haha. I think I'd go blue if I did it! But the pink really suits you :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed your posts Ali I can relate to what your feeling i have been feeling kinda down and out of it also i also took a little break last week and put my first post up today since last week. Hope everything works out for you and what ever your going through know that you will get past it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just discovered your blog and I really like your writing style, I look forward to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks amazing! Where did you get it done? I want to do mine but I'm kind of sort of petrified that it will look awful on me! Hope the CBT works out for you and if you ever need to open up to a stranger, you can come and find me xx

    Rosie at Damzel In This Dress

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures - your hair in particular looks gorgeous!
    Glad to hear that the therapy is helping in some way.


    Jenna
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig