My Open Letter to Overweight Haters Ltd

Dear Overweight Haters Ltd,

Today as I was scrolling through my Twitter feed I saw an specific tweet that caught my eye about man going round fat shaming women on public transport, and that man was someone representing your 'organisation'. I don't have a photo of the card that was being given out to innocent women on trains minding their own business so for anyone that hasn't seen it, I'll leave the quote below:


Our organisation hates and resents fat people. We object to the enormous amount of food resources you consume while half the world starves. We disapprove of your wasting NHS money to treat your selfish greed. And we do not understand why you fail to grasp that by eating less you will be better off, slimmer, happy and find a partner who is not a perverted chubby-lover, or even find a partner at all. We also object that the beatiful pig is used as an insult. You are not a pig. You are a fat, ugly human.

Before writing this I did try and look up your organisation so I can make a judgement not just on the horrible incident that took place but sadly all I could find was articles and tweets about today so I will have to go on what I know for now. First of all, I don't understand the purpose of your organisation? I'm not even sure if you're a real registered organisation but by the sounds of your name you're obviously not even trying to promote healthy living as the word "haters" isn't exactly projecting anything positive. Just an FYI, you CAN be a different shape or size and still be healthy/fit. Yet I also understand that you can be unhealthy/unfit regardless what shape or size you are, it goes both ways.


Yes some people will feel better off if they are slimmer and that's okay but I also know that people feel just as happy being the opposite and that's okay too! Everyone is an individual and will have different opinions but you have no right to make women feel like that have to be slim to be happy.. that's ridiculous! Stop talking like we're stupid because you think we "fail to grasp" your opinion, we know exactly what we're doing to our bodies and what the heck has it got to do with you? As long as people (men and women) are happy with the bodies they have that's all that matters! If they want to make changes to their body or lifestyle then that's their choice, NOT YOURS!


And another thing! HOW DARE YOU say that a woman won't find a partner unless they are what you class as the right size? You are entitled to have your own tastes in what you look for in a partner but you have no say in other peoples! Let me be clear when I say everyone deserves to find someone who loves them for exactly who they are even you.


So you talk about wasting NHS money but where's the evidence? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on this because I do not know the facts on this bizarre accusation but by the sounds of it this is just a statement with no proof. If you're trying to back up something at least provide some evidence otherwise no one is going to listen to you, full stop!


It didn't take me too long to realise that you've only targeted women. Why? There are overweight men as well but you chose to just single the women out which is extremely sexist! This just shows how narrow-minded the situation you created is.


Do you know what annoyed me the most about this whole situation? You weren't even trying to help the women in any way! You were just going out of your way to insult them and make them feel horrible about themselves? There was no education and by that I mean you weren't trying to educate them about healthy eating, fitness etc. not like it's anything to do with you but hey. There was no positive reinforcement whatsoever and it baffles because you instead go with that disgusting behaviour which was not acceptable. What did you possibly think you were going to achieve? Did you honestly believe that all of a sudden women would try to lose weight just because some stranger from a horrible organisation tells them to? PLEASE!


Although I am angered by what I've seen all I can do is feel sorry for you. The fact that all you could do with your time is to try and make other women feel bad about their bodies means that you must be in a very negative state of mind and I genuinely hope you find some way to get out of that. However there is no excuse for your actions! You should mind your own business and leave other people to theirs because as I've said before every body is beautiful! Also spreading positivity doesn't cost a thing so if you can't even do that then don't say anything at all.


From Ali


P.S. always proof-read your work because you misspelt the word "beautiful". Now you look even more silly than you already do!



To all of my readers and to those who has been affected by this, don't let them win! You are all beautiful so don't let anyone tell you any different! Spread positivity as much as you can and love yourself :)


Ali Caitrin

2 comments

  1. In complete agreement with this, it was absolutely disgusting! Glad the internet is in uproar. I also saw a tweet from a Fashion brand, they said the 'Overweight Haters Ltd' hadn't registered their website domain name, so they took it, and turned it into something positive. Have a look! http://overweighthaters.com/

    Jesska - Opal Soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so uncalled for, and thank you for the link as I didn't realise something else had taken it but I'm glad they did hehe!

      Delete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig