July TBR


Helloo Everyone,

This post is very much needed not just because I'm going to be reading some pretty good books but also because there's no book haul this month again which means I haven't bought a single for two months (actually tell a lie I did buy one for a friend but I didn't buy any for myself) No don't worry you read it right.. not to fear because I've made a mental note in my head that I NEED to buy some books this month for a treat to myself especially as it's my birthday in a couple of weeks too. Now before I get carried away talking about my birthday, let's get started with my books of July!


Paperweight by Meg Haston

I'm over half way through this book already and I don't want to give too much away but just an FYI, I'm liking it so far! Stevie is a 17 year old girl who is suffering in more way than one; she's currently in a treatment centre for her anorexia against her will and she's struggling with the fact that the anniversary of her brother's death is soon approaching. We follow her journey for 28 days but will she come out better or worse on the other side? Review will be up sometime this month! Lastly I want to quickly say thank you to Hot Keys Books for sending me this book as I very much appreciate it!


Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling

As I mentioned before my birthday is coming up and with Harry Potter being one of my top best books of all time, I thought I'd reread the first three books. The Chamber of Secrets and The Prisoner of Azkaban are both tied as my favourite books out of the seven so I'm excited for them! Fun fact: J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and I all have the same birthday! Now come on even I think that's kind of cool hehe!


What books are you reading this month and how is it going so far? Are you doing a book challenge like me? Without tooting my own horn I think I'm going to complete my Goodreads challenge a lot earlier than I thought which is great and everything but I kind of wish I set a higher goal haha! I hope you all have some great reads this summer and I'll see you next time :)


Ali Caitrin

10 comments

  1. Great Post! I am currently reading Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling, I never read them as a child but I don't know why because I am really enjoying it, I can't wait to read the rest of the books :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow it's your first time reading them? It's great that you've decided to read it, I hope you like them as must as I did hehe :D

      Delete
  2. Those covers of the Harry Potter series are beautiful and so unique! This month I'm going to be really focusing on catching up on my review books. They have piled up on me! I hope you have a fun reading month :)

    Meredith @ A Book Lover's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those editions of the Harry Potter books, they aren't first editions I don't think but it still looks like the originals :) I'm doing some reviewing as well so I know how you feel and I hope you have a fun month reading too!

      Delete
  3. Yay for HP! I love those books so much, made me want to read them again!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always recommend people to read them again, not if you have recently of course lol but you should if you can ;)

      Delete
  4. I like how colorful your HP books are! they look totally different than the USA covers. I'm currently reading "The Sweet Far Thing" by Libba Bray. I'm also done with it and plan on re-reading the HP books too!

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the US covers so I might have a look and see the difference. Well I hope you enjoy reading that book and hope you can squeeze in some HP books too hehe!

      Delete
  5. I've read and reread the Harry Potter books so many times... I especially seem to read them in summer! Just such classic, gripping books :) I'm reading Stephen Fry's newest book, More Fool Me right now... and I had an amazon gift card so I have four new books to get my teeth into! Three of them are self help kind of books because I'm quite into them at the mo. Great post x

    Polly Cat Contemplates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to read Harry Potter during the summer but normally because it's around my birthday so I hit two birds with one stone hehe! Oh I've always liked Stephen Fry and self help books can be really good, I hope you enjoy reading them all :)

      Delete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig