Why Twitter is Important for Blogging

Helloo Everyone,

I've only been blogging for a couple of months but I've already learned quite a bit in this short amount of time. The first thing I found out is how important social media is, especially Twitter which is what I'm going to talk about now! The picture below is my Twitter page and as you can see I haven't done as many tweets as most bloggers have but that's only because I've only just got into it! So here I'm going to explain why I've found Twitter really helpful for blogging and I hope it helps you!



#1 Connect with other bloggers

I didn't realise how easy it is to talk to other bloggers on Twitter; there are loads of blogging networks that have weekly discussions that you can take part in not just to get noticed but to be part of the blogger community!

>br>

#2 Gain helpful advice

It's sad to say but you're not going to become the best blogger after your first blog post, it's all about hard work and dedication! Also you don't necessarily get taught how to blog, you just have to start and learn on the way, but there are bloggers out there that are willing to help and answer your questions so don't be afraid to ask them (sometimes you don't even need to ask and they might have already said it)!


#3 Get blog post ideas

If you're struggling to come up with what to write for your blog posts then send some tweets to see what people would want to see and have a look what people are talking about! You never know, it could flick a switch in your head and loads of ideas could come through!


#4 Drive traffic to your blog

Whenever you've done a new blog posts or something exciting is happening on your blog TWEET ABOUT IT! Tweets really do spread and as the word gets out more and more people will visit your blog! Oo and use the appropriate hashtags but don't overdo it; less is more haha!


So I hope this gives you the idea why twitter is so important to bloggers! Don't worry if you're a bit rusty, I'm still getting used to it and trying to be more confident but it gets easier! My twitter is @alicaitrin if you want to follow me, but that's it from me so I'll see you soon for my next blog post :)


Ali Caitrin

7 comments

  1. Twitter has been a big part of my blogging, as have G+ and not so much Facebook. When you been at the blog thing for a while longer, you might want to have a separate Twitter page just for your blog, and then use something like TwitterFeed to automatically post your blogs to it, and then use your other Twitter page for chatting :) .. Keep up the good work, and never stop blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's the same with me, it's Twitter, G+ and Bloglovin' but not Facebook! That's good advice about twitter, I might just do that :)
      Thank you Jeremy, I'm glad I've started blogging and I don't want to stop any time soon hehe!

      Delete
    2. I hardly ever use Twitter, and find G+ much better. FaceBook is a lost cause. To get more people to your blog posts, I suggest using some of the great free pinging services, like ping-o-matic, or Ping Shark. I've used Twitter in the past, and the results were slim to none........... anyway, keep on Blogging!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the advice, much appreciated! Will definitely look into them :)
      Not all social media networks are for everyone so that's something I'll take into account in the future!

      Delete
  2. I actually don't mind Facebook, but I don't have a dedicated page for my blog. I belong to a bunch of communities where sharing posts that are relevant to the interests of the group are encouraged. I find it easier to connect to others on a peer to peer level rather trying to get them to 'follow' me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about doing a Facebook Page for my blog but I'm in the process of improving my blog at the moment! It's good to be a part of different blogging communities on any social media network, it's a great way to react with other bloggers :)

      Delete
  3. This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing these tips.

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig