2015 Reading Challenge | Update


Helloo Everyone,

I didn't think I would be writing this post as early as August but as I'm quite smug about this little achievement I thought I'd let you know that I completed my 2015 reading challenge FIVE MONTHS early! Now some of you are bound to be thinking "What is she on about?" so I'll fill you in with all the details. At the beginning of this year I set myself a goal to read 25 books in 2015, kind of like a new years resolution but I never complete those so I did my reading challenge through Goodreads hoping I wouldn't jinx it haha! Here was me thinking I wouldn't even hit that target by December and I managed to prove myself wrong!


I was actually planning on listing all the books that I have read but to be honest it just made this post look really messy so instead you can see all the books from the challenge on my Goodreads profile here and the photo above kind of gives you a hint as well obviously haha! Some of them I read on my kindle but as you can see the majority were physical copies as I'm still a sucker for those. If you've read my love-hate relationship with my kindle post then you'll know why! So overall I'm really happy with the variety of books I've read at the moment (I'm allowed to say that right?) because there's everything from fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, historical fiction and I even squeezed in some non-fiction which spiced things up a bit! If there's a particular book you want to hear my opinion on then feel free to ask, I might have even written a review on it already!


So where do I go from here? Well I'll still be reading books of course because I'm not going to stop any time soon haha and I haven't set myself another target as I'm really happy with how many I've read already. If you think about it 25 books is a lot to read as it is so I'm not complaining! To be honest whatever the number is at the end of the year will just be a huge bonus. You know me, I'll always keep you informed with my monthly book hauls, TBR piles and I've started posting book reviews now so you can still keep an eye out for those if you're interested!


Did you set yourself a reading challenge too, if so how's it going? Are you reading anything at the moment? Also let me know if you've read a book that I've read too because you know I'm nosy and want to exchange opinions hehe! Now I've updated you on everything that's it from me, I hope you've enjoyed this post (and are proud of me for meeting my target) and I'll see you soon :)


Ali Caitrin

10 comments

  1. YEAHHHH well done Ali, i'm so behind this year has been far too all over the place.. maybe next year? ;) there's a few books i'm definitely talking to you about for bookswap! :)

    Much Love,
    Em || http://www.carpediememmie.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on beating your goal :) I recently started reading again and I'm loving it - I'm reading all the Famous Five books again :D

    John ¦ Shout John

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Ali, congrats!!! The book thief is my favourite! I am currently reading Scarlet, Book two in the Lunar Chronicles :)

    Nihaad - The little blog of STUFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done, you should be really proud! I definitely am going to set myself a reading challenge next year, I don't think I will as good as you though x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I'm still at 14/20. Need to get on with it haha

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on completing your Goodreads challenge early. I set myself a target of 75 this year and I've just completed number 62 last night! I checked out the books you've read and I've also read Gone Girl, Girl On The Train and The Book Thief is in my all time top 10 of favourite books so I really hoped you enjoyed that one. Keep reading and good luck with next year's challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohooo congrats! I'm feeling inspired by your book worm-iness haha! I fluctuate sooo much when it comes to reading, but this week I've been getting back into it again, which I'm very happy about... books are so special. x

    Polly Cat Contemplates

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creating a challenge for yourself sounds like a great idea, congrats on what you've achieved!
    As an English lit student, I share your enthusiasm for books ^_^

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, congrats! I tried to do a challenge on Goodreads last year and ended up falling about 5 short. I've got such a bookshelf backlog, though! I need to get back on the horse :)

    Also, I'm so tempted to pick up #Girlboss. I've heard mixed things about it though :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow well done on hitting your target early! Looks like you've read some really interesting books too.

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig