10 Book Challenge Tag


Helloo Everyone,

I have been tagged by a fellow book blogger Bethan from Bethan Likes to do the 10 book challenge tag (I know what a shocker, bet you didn't see that coming). What I need to do is write about my top 10 books of all time, sounds simple right? NO IT'S NOT! I'm terrible when people ask what my favourite books are because it's hard trying to pick from all the great books I've read and my brain just ends up going into self destruct mode haha! So what I'll do is class it as 10 of some of my top books, deal?


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I'm going to start with the most obvious one. Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart for many reasons and I genuinely believe I will be still be enjoying the books when I'm 80 haha! I'm not sure whether it's because of Sirius, Lupin or the fact that Hermione punches Draco right in the face but either way this one in particular is one of my favourites out of the seven!


Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

It seems like a lifetime ago since I first read this book back in 2010 but it definitely one that has stayed with me since. Although that first time was for English literature GCSE so it felt more like a chore to read so the few times after that was a lot better as I didn't feel like I had to analyse every little thing for a test. It's a real classic with a heartbreaking story that I would happily recommend to anyone who will listen!


Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

This is starting to become a bit of a habit now so it'll keep it short. It was recommended to me by my Dad who thought I might it like it, which of course I did as it's filled with sci-fi and video game goodness! Enough said.


The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Can you believe I was actually read this as a child, cool right? I remember it from a very young age so I have more of an emotional attachment to it although I still very much enjoy the read! I do have my own copy but I can't find it anywhere so I might have to buy another one.. bummer!


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

What an emotional and powerful book this is! Normally I wouldn't go for books that I felt were very hyped up because I'd worry that it wouldn't meet my expectations however this book was an exception. I think this was the book that got me wanting to read more historical fiction books weirdly enough haha! If you've read this book then you'll probably know why!


We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

You will know from my previous feminist post that I class myself as a feminist and this was the first book that spoke about feminism from a woman's experiences and point of view! I will of course read more books like these but this is a good start!


A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

I read this book for the first time last year around Christmas time (obviously) and I now want to read it every year as a tradition of some sort. I'd never really read a Christmas book before so it was a nice change!


Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell

I'm one of those people who like reading books about books and bookshops and this is a great example, also I used to work in a bookshop so I can especially relate to this one! If you're looking for a fun read about real things people have said in bookshops then this is the book for you too!


Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne

Trying to choose a book from my childhood that stood out wasn't very difficult as Winnie the Pooh was always my favourite, thinking about it now I haven't read this book for way too long so maybe I'll reread it? Anyway like I was saying when I was very little I was either reading Winnie the Pooh or watching it; I'm definitely a 90s kid!


Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill

I've just recently finished reading this book and oh my I can't even comprehend it.. well I can it's just that the story although it was slightly disturbing, the best word I could describe it with is phenomenal! I'm still getting my head around it so when a book is capable of doing that you know it's got to go in your top favourites!


Now it's time to tag some lovely bloggers to do the same so I pick Zoe (The Rambles of a Nuggetstump), Nihaad (The Little Blog of Stuff) and Sofie (It's Just Sofie). I hope you've enjoyed this book tag post and I'll see you soon :)


Ali Caitrin

6 comments

  1. Harry Potter will always be my number one too! And I love The Hobbit. I really didn't like Of Mice and Men though, but then again I was only eleven when I read it, so perhaps I should give it another chance... Would love to read We should all be Feminists and Only Ever Yours!

    Mimmi xx
    Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter is one of those books where it really does stay with you! And I can kind of see why you didn't like Of Mice and Men if you had to read it for school and you were very young to read a book like that, I think it's better to read it at around this age if you're interested in trying to read it again :)

      Delete
  2. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, if you choose to accept then I look forward to reading your post :)

    Nihaad - the little blog of STUFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up tagging myself on youtube to do this tag (because I've only got 3 followers and one of them is my other channel haha so no one was tagging me) it's a really fun tag.

    I have just ordered 'Only ever yours' in the last few days, really excited for her new book too :)

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading and have totally got back into it this year! I actually just hit my target of 25 books in a year. SO EXCITING. Love this post. I want to read Of Mice And Men again too x
    RavishingRoses

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I heart HP and the Book Thief and the Hobbit. I've read a few of the others as well but tehre's some I'd not heard of, so they're definitely going on my list! :D xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig