My Blogging Goals

Helloo Everyone,

Last week I joined the #lbloggers chat on Twitter and it made me think of how I could be a better blogger. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm a 'bad' blogger or anything but at the end of the day I've only had this blog for 6 months so I think now I'm able to see what I've missed, what I can improve and new things I want to do so I'll share them with you! You might find something that can help you with your blog!



Improving my Photography Skills

Admittedly I'm not very good at taking photos for my blog; there's more to it than I thought! Sometimes I'll take a photo and I think okay that looks alright but I want to take a photo and it be catching people's eye not putting them off lol! I'm glad that I've noticed it so now I can get some help from my some of my friends and family who are great photographers to get some tips. I recently got a new camera too which is good timing haha!


Work with Bloggers and Brands

In the future I would LOVE to collaborate with others, I really enjoy talking to other bloggers on social media so it would be even more find to something we both like and work together on it! I know I'm a bit far from that at the moment but I can dream hehe!


Learn More about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)

I didn't realise how important this was for blogging until I did some research. If you're unsure what SEO is, it basically it's how people find your website on search engine therefore driving traffic from relevant searches. I want to make sure that my blog is more search engine friendly so people and brands can find my blog easily!


Be Confident with Sharing my Posts

I was always really nervous to share my posts and my blog in general worrying that people will get annoyed even now I'm like "Oh how many times should I share it?" but at the end of the day how are people going to notice my blog if I don't share it? See I just answer my own question haha! I'm just a little shy I guess so it's just confidence building!


Make Last Little Tweaks to Blog Design

If you've visited my blog because you might have noticed that I redesigned my blog design with a new template just to make it more professional looking and still having my personality showing! I've got a couple of things to do but I'm still very happy with how it looks even now!


Do you have any goals or targets for your blog this year? Have you achieved any already? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to know I'm not the only one haha and I'll see you next time :)


Ali Caitrin

10 comments

  1. Nice work dear friend and impressed with your work.
    http://backlinkstools.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, really glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. Ali great post. One year down since I've been blogging and I can totally relate to what you wrote here. I still have zillions of things to learn and am loving it. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO relieved that it's not just me haha! I guess with blogging you just learn along the way, but I'm okay with that :)

      Delete
  3. It is definitely not you! I have a ton of things to learn about blogging yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so do I, I think a lot of people are still learning about blogging no matter how long they've been doing it so I'm glad everyone is the same as me hehe!

      Delete
  4. I've owned my website for years, but it's only recently that I've started to take it seriously. I have so much to learn about SEO, it's overwhelming! I think your layout is great, there's a very minimal trend these days and I think you've worked really well with the template! I'd love to work with a brand at some point, but I don't think it'll ever happen! Good luck with your blogging future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'd been wanting this template for ages! I got it and added more of my personality to it so I'm really happy you like it!
      Yeah I'm going to try and get the hang of SEO so I need a lot of luck haha!
      And never say never, it might just take a while be patient. I expected things to happen so quickly with blogging but I've learned that it takes a lot of hard work and time so don't worry too much :)

      Delete
  5. I can relate to the need to be confident about sharing posts ! I just launched a blog about my plight in kicking the ass of breast cancer. I have two hang ups, there are some people on my social networks profiles that I prefer didn't read my blog posts, and Im conscious that when I put my blog out there people will probably assume my posts are going to be difficult to read, filled with emotion and turmoil etc (quite the contrary, I'm a glass half full kind of girl!). Nice post, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow good for you! I can understand why you wouldn't want some people to see your post so it's a tricky one; I know they're certain ways to make your posts only seen by certain people but it can be quite tedious. I think if you feel up for it you should share your posts, but obviously it's totally up to you!
      Enjoy blogging :)

      Delete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig