Last Minute Trip to Brighton


Helloo Everyone,

Brighton has always been that place I love going back to again and again every year and 2015 wasn't going to be an exception! My boyfriend had the week off work and I was free so because of this we spontaneously decided to book a night in a hotel and spend 2 days away near the sea. We booked it on the Thursday and then the following Monday we were our way to Brighton from London and I was so happy; I had been feeling a little sorry for myself because I still hadn't got a job and my insomnia was playing up so a day or two away with the boyfriend was definitely what I needed! I'm going to have to apologise now for the lack of photos, I could have sworn I took more and there were some places I completely forgot to take photos at like the shops so sorry about that.. I'm still getting used to taking photos everywhere I go but I'll get there I swear haha!



We arrived in Brighton and the weather was actually sunny?! We couldn't quite believe it at first because London was so grey when we left, not like we were complaining or anything but still we were pretty lucky. We walked down to the beach from the station because it is a 10-15 minute walk and we popped into a couple of shops along the way as we still had time before check-in and then we arrived at the sea front and as you can see, it was a pretty nice day! Our hotel was right outside the beach near the pier so we had time to walk along the beach and have a look at the pier aka take a few photos and take in the sun before heading to our room.



After we checked in and put everything we wanted in our room (which was amazing by the way I can't believe I didn't take a photo, silly Ali) we went for a walk and found the Royal Pavilion! If you're unsure what I'm talking about this is a beautiful former royal palace that Prince George IV previously lived in and is now a museum located right in the centre of town. Although we didn't actually go into the museum as we were about to go for something to eat, I'm still glad we came across it because I guess you can say it added a bit of unexpected cultural to our trip!



Fast forwarding to day two and as you can see the weather did a detour from yesterday's sunshine but that didn't stop us from enjoying our stay because it was time for some fun and games at the pier arcade! I'm quite glad that it wasn't packed either because if you come here during the holidays it's crazy busy so we came at the right time. So there were we with our little pot of 2p coins and we pretty much just went on every machine we could that we could collect tickets from, you know the ones where you can exchange them for gifts, yeah we're a little obsessed with getting those.. we always keep them for another time so when we go back we can get something really cool haha! After me filling my bag with countless amounts of tickets and running out of 2p's we managed to shoot down some bad guys, hit evil minions with a hammer, knock down bowling pins and try winning more coins than we put in, it was honestly a lot of fun and exactly what I needed!


I wanted to take a photo of the view of Brighton beach from the pier and here is it! Cool right?


It wasn't long till we had to head back home aka back to reality. Although I have a job now *yay* I didn't at the time so I was upset about having to leave Brighton when I would have been happy to stay there for longer but I couldn't have found my job if I didn't plus we all have to go back home eventually haha!
So if you're thinking about going away for a couple of days then definitely consider Brighton, there's so much to do and who doesn't want to be beside the sea?



FYI it was my boyfriend that wanted to take a photo of us while we're looking at the view from our hotel room but it's kind of grown on me.. I must admit our view was pretty amazing so I can see why! Have you been anywhere nice lately, if so where? You know the drill, let me know in the comments because I'd love to travel more especially around the UK. I hope you enjoyed this post of my little break away and I'll see you next time :)


Ali Caitrin

15 comments

  1. I went to Brighton on my birthday a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it! It was the first place I ever went on my own with my friends on holiday when I was 15 which felt like such a big adventure back then 11 years ago and its still such a lovely place to visit. Looks like you had a great time, next time I am tempted to book a hotel and stay overnight just to get a view like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I went there it must have been like 10 years ago or more and I've loved it ever since! I've been for my birthday too ;)
      The view was amazing but the room wasn't cheap so hopefully you can find a room with a view a little cheaper than me hehe!

      Delete
  2. You seem to have had a great time. Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad you liked it, and yeah I did have a great time :)

      Delete
  3. Brighton looks such a lovely place! I am actually going in august for a couple of days!
    glad you had a lovely time :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds good I hope you enjoy it as much as I did hehe :P

      Delete
  4. Your photos! <3 this has made me really want to visit Brighton (I've never been..) what hotel did you stay in? If you don't mind me asking.. Looking for recommendations :) x

    www.cakecrumbs-and-pages.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed in the Queens! We have a ritual of going there every year or less, and just enjoying the beach! Every year, and no stopping in sight! It's a great hotel, couldn't recommend it more.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I live in Brighton and it's really lovely :D

    hellomissjordan.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? You lucky sod I would love to live in Brighton but sadly I can't afford to at the moment but one day I really want to live there for a while :D

      Delete
  6. Oh my word these pictures are so great! The quality is great and so sharp. I've been to Brighton before bit years ago and I loved the old junk/antique shops! I'll definitely be going back.

    Rhiân

    www.chapterandcircle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's great to hear, thank you :D I like to think my photography has improved even if it's just a little hehe!
      Damn I didn't even go into any of the antique shops this time so when I go back next time I'll defo look out for them ;)

      Delete
  7. It really is a lovely place, I will always high recommend it hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo thank you, I have been trying more with my photography ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos :)

    I love re-visiting the same places regularly.

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig