BeautyCon Comes to London

beautycon london

Sorry for some reason this photo comes out blurry when I put it on here but I still quite like it!


Helloo Everyone,

As you may or may not know BeautyCon came to London for the first time this weekend and I was very lucky to be able to go. Why was I lucky? Because I won 2 tickets with Helen Anderson and Liz Earle! How cool is that? I'm one of those people too who never win anything so I was really surprised when I got the tweet from Liz Earle saying I'd won, I didn't even know I was going till 2 days before so thank god I didn't have any plans! I thought for a while that I was going by myself but the night before I managed to arrange to meet Vix from Vix Meldrew and Charli from High Street Beauty Junkie (go check out their blogs, after you've read this of course hehe) which was great! I really did have such a great time and I was pretty much there the whole day so I wanted to share it with you my lovely readers! I'm also going to apologise now because sadly I'm not very photogenic like at all but hey I'm sure you guys aren't bothered about that.


I arrived just before 10am which was when the doors opened anyway and met Vix there; I thought we'd have to be in the queue for ages before we'd actually get in but I was so relieved that it was only like 5-10 mins max. All I had to do was show the email to confirm that I had won the tickets and I was in! We walked around seeing all the stands like Benefit, Tarte and NYX Cosmetics. We also stopped by Liz Earle and got a goodie day with their Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser when we took a selfie at their beach stand, I've heard good things about this so I can't wait to try it and I'm sure I'll end up letting you know what I think. Oo also I finally bought the Benefit Porefessional Primer which came with a free tote bag, yay!



The first panel we went to was 'Behind the Camera' which gave us an insight into what it's like to be youtubers and there was even time for a quick Q&A at the end. I only recognised a couple of the panelists but it was great to get introduced those I didn't know before now, I love discovering new youtubers/bloggers!
Just before the second panel started Vix had to leave sadly so I made sure I said goodbye, took a quick selfie and then went to get a seat (I managed to find one front row as well which was bliss!). This was all about 'Girl Problems' so how to talk to your crush, dealing with negativity and more everyday advice which I loved! The answers were always so helpful and funny all at the same time and the fact I was so close to them not going to lie I was fangirling a little.. Overall it was a cool experience but also quite odd because you follow these people either through their blog or channel so when you see them IRL the word that springs to mind is bizarre haha!


beautycon london panel

(From left to right) Hello October, Aidan Alexander, Amy Pham, Fleur De Force, Lana and Caroline Hirons


beautycon london panel

(From left to right) Claire Marshall, Mamma Mia Makeup, Amelia Liana, Teala Dunn, Tess Christine, Beauty by JJ and Teni Panosian


It's weird but I did not expect to meet any of the bloggers and youtubers that were there and that is the honest truth so the fact that I got to at least say hello and get a photo with them is just a massive bonus. Me and Charli managed to have a nice convo with Lily and Anna who were quite chatty and just lovely girls. Anna even went to me "Have I met you before?" and I said "No I don't think so but I'm going to take that as a compliment" and we both started laughing haha! I was hoping I'd get to meet Zoe before I left because I would have been gutted if I missed her and she was so sweet and down to earth, definitely exceeded my expectations! Also how bloody amazing is her hair?


youtubers with ali caitrin beautycon london panel

(From left to right) Essie Button, Tyler Oakley, Zoe London, Lily Pebbles and ViviannaDoesMakeup


By this time it was gone 4pm and BeautyCon was coming to an end but before we went to catch our train back to home sweet home we had time to chat with Holly and Becky. I wasn't sure I recognised them but I knew Charli did so we went up to say hello and oh my god I'm so glad we did! It felt like we were with them for ages just talking about the day and getting to know each other, it was a great end to a great day!


Holly Sheeran, Me, Charli and TalkBeckyTalk


Did you go to BeautyCon and if so what did you think? Let me know in the comments so we can exchange our experiences. I hope you guys loved it as much as we did! I'd like to say a big thank you to Helen and Liz Earle because without them I wouldn't have been going to BeautyCon, and of course to Vix and Charli for coming with me! But for now that's enough from me as I think I've said enough as it is haha but I'll see you next time :)


helen anderson and ali caitrin beautycon london panel

Ali Caitrin

8 comments

  1. Well done, that's so exciting! Glad you had a lovely time :) And you are photogenic!!

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time, and thank you that's so nice of you hehe :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous! That looked like such a brilliant day and you DEFINITELY are photogenic don't you worry!

    Imii xox | nettleandblackberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks! Hopefully it will be on next year so more people get a chance to go, I didn't even about it till a couple of days before haha!

      Delete
  3. Wow, talk about exciting! Great post, loved the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niamh, I kept forgetting to take loads of pics because I was having a good time but I did manage to get some nice ones :)

      Delete
  4. It looks like such an amazing event, you were so lucky to go and definitely deserved it. It's so cool how you got to meet loads of youtubers and bloggers too xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh you're so sweet thank you :P I know I didn't even think I'd get to meet Essie Button because the queue was so long but the others I just bumped into so I was quite lucky hehe!

      Delete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig