My Day at Harry Potter Studios

Helloo Everyone,

If you guys have seen my previous Harry Potter post on why I'd love to spend Christmas at Hogwarts (link is here) then you'll know that I'm quite the fan. Well after literally YEARS of wanting to go I finally visited the Harry Potter Studios in London two days ago! I was so happy it was untrue, to the point where my friends were convinced I'd gone mad with excitement haha! I really wanted to share my experience and some pretty cool photos (I took over 200 of them but I'll show my favourites) with you because everyone needs to know how cool this place is so if you're a harry potter lover then keep scrolling! FYI I'll try not to give away too many spoilers..



We were quite lucky as the weather was pretty nice and it wasn't packed full of people like we thought it would be because our tour wasn't till 4pm. We got there an hour early to collect our tickets, get some food at the studio café and take some quick photos before the tour!



They said to us at the beginning that the tour lasts about 3 hours and we were like no way does it last that long? But it genuinely does! We ended up staying 4 hours and decided to stay till closing because why not? There's so much to see and learn about the film series so you need to make the most of your time so I thought I'd give you some tips to enhance your experience!

  • Book in advance - I was lucky to find the last booking for the next week but after that there weren't any available tours for another couple of weeks so it's important to book sooner rather than later!
  • Arrive in plenty of time - Personally I would say plan to arrive at the studio an hour before your time slot for your tour because it then gives you time to get there especially if you don't really know where you're going and while you wait you can pop into the studio shop and the cafe to have some food and drink before you go through; you'll be surprised how quick time goes!
  • Pick up some potter passports - These are completely free and are given to children as a little activity while on the tour with stamps to collect and little quizzes to do. But don't worry, even if you're young at heart aka an adult you can still get one, we got asked if we wanted one and was so happy we were actually given ours haha!
  • Bring a camera - There's only so much you can remember from memory and you're going to see some amazing things.. Proof is proved above from the photos!
  • Ask the guides LOADS of questions - These people really do know what they are talking about.. They are the harry potter geniuses who know the ins and outs so don't be afraid to ask them everything because trust me they'll know! They were all so nice and helpful to us and we even bugged a couple of them to take some photos of us hehe!
  • Try some butterbeer - Yes it is true that butterbeer is an acquired taste but it really isn't as sweet as I thought it would be! It's the froth bit that's quite sweet but the drink in general is pretty nice, I can't match it with another drink I've tried before lol! I'd still bring or buy water because the taste stays with you for a while so if you decide it's not for you, you're going to want to wash it down but if you're a real harry potter fan I hope you do like it because I definitely did!
  • Be prepared to be amazed - There were certain parts of the tour that I was not expecting like during the second half of the tour seeing the drawings plans of props, buildings and the different beast and beings. You start to realise how much effort went into it and recognise all the behind-the-scenes people which you wouldn't have thought of while watching the film!
  • You will buy something from the studio shop - Even if it's a little keyring, you're going to want to buy a souvenir to bring back with you so try and set a budget of how much you want to spend. You don't want to bring no money and really wish you did or bring loads of money and go a bit overboard so go for the happy medium option!



Well as you can see I had a magical time and loved every minute of it, even if it meant me being exhausted and going straight to bed when I got home! I REALLY would recommend you going because I can't express enough times how good it is! So what do you think? What's your favourite thing about Harry Potter? Also I'm thinking of doing a haul of the things I bought in the studio shop, any thoughts? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to meet more harry potter nerds like me! I'll see you next time :)


Ali Caitrin

17 comments

  1. Lucky! It sounded really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It genuinely is!! Especially if you're a harry potter fan it's just amazing :D

      Delete
  2. I totally wrote a comment on here from my boyfriends Google account by accident :( oops!

    Enjoyed this post a lot and now really want to book some more tickets!

    www.emmahopenewitt.blogspot.co.uk
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't worry it happens, and thank you really glad you like it :D
      You should really go when you get the chance it's sooooo cool :P

      Delete
  3. I loved it there when I went - I'm a huge harry potter fan, and seeing this made me want to go again. The gift shop is amazing, but way too over priced, so I was only able to buy some chocolate frogs, as well as post cards. I'd love to see what you got though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the shop is very expensive, I didn't buy the very pricey things because I don't have the money, me being a student and all haha! But I will definitely do a haul very soon ;D

      Delete
  4. So jealous you got to see the Hogwarts Express. It wasn't there yet when I went. But it's all so amazing isn't it. Tempted to go back hehe x

    peepintokslife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing, very magical! If you have the time you should go back, the Hogwarts Express is very cool and I'm the type of person that could go back and not be bored haha :P

      Delete
  5. YES! I am a HUUUUGE Harry Potter fan haha! Butterbeer is not for me (although they sell it frozen in Florida and that's a lot nicer!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad :D
      Yeah my friend tried the Butterbeer when he was in Florida and told me the same thing, how weird? haha! It definitely is acquired taste for sure ;)

      Delete
  6. ahhhhhhh I want to go so much! Must sort it out for 2015!
    x GNAR MOSH x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :D

      Delete
  7. I LOVED the studio tour, it was just amazing and we spent almost 5 hours there I think! I really want to go again and see the hogwarts express though, hopefully I'll be able to go this year.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you loved the tour, you'll LOVE the Hogwarts Express! It's pretty damn cool not going to lie hehe! Hope you get time to see it soon :)

      Delete
  8. Lucky girl! I live far away I have never been there but with the help of this post I was able to see some of it...

    Please take a look at my blog!!
    kainaatbaloch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, sounds like you had an amazing time! I'm a massive potterhead so I really really want to go someday. It seems just magical! And thanks for sharing those excellent tips :)

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had so much fun! I totally agree with the butter beer, it's very sweet but I did enjoy it :) you're so right about the guides knowing their stuff (and being really handy as picture takers!) hahahaha! Loved this post Mrs :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig