A Letter to My Future Self

Helloo Future Ali,

This is kind of awkward because I'm not really sure what to ask so first I'll say congratulations! Why? Because you've made it this far; it's your 25th birthday! Don't worry you're still young but I'm writing this letter to you (myself) at 20 years old because I have goals for us and I will want you to have completed them by now because you have no reason not to! Don't get me wrong, you've had some things that have tried to knock you down but you get back up, even if it's after a while but you do it eventually because that's you! So I'm going to make a list of all the things I want you to have done and just have a little catch up because the me now writing this now could be a different me when I'm reading it in 5 years time.. wow that's kind of deep haha! Anyway shall we get started?



  1. Please tell me you've got your Computing degree already? I know it's been a bit up and down with dropping out of university but you always wanted to do it so I hope you didn't give up!
  2. Have you gone travelling yet? This does not include a holiday here and there, I want to know that you've actually taken some time out and gone travelling around the world at least to the majority of places you planned to go to!
  3. You've moved out and go your own place right? You better have Ali.. you're 25 years old plus you're too independent and just plain mad to still be living at home haha!
  4. Did you remember to do a tandem jump? C'mon it looks soo cool, you know you want to!
  5. Ooo are you fluent in an another language? It doesn't matter which one, any will do!
  6. Also I hope you still have your blog too because you worked really hard on it so don't let it go to waste!
  7. What happened to one day packing a bag and set off to a random location for a couple of days?
  8. You walked a half marathon a while back, did you manage to squeeze in walk a full marathon at all? We know that running it just isn't an option lol!
  9. Oh and I bet you dyed your hair another wacky colour again didn't you? I bet it was either green or blue..
  10. And lastly, how've you been?

Now I've put a reminder on my phone so you actually remember to read this because you're going to be annoyed with yourself if you forget, trust me I know what you're like hehe! You need to reply to this letter on this blog so you have proof of what you've done. DON'T FORGET!


Thanks you lovely readers! I'm sorry this post was more me pretty much just talking to myself but I guess this means that you also get to know me more on my goals in life, let's see if I do them all? Do you have any goals that you want to complete in 5 or maybe 10 years time? Tell me in the comments because I'd love to know! I'll see you next time :)


Ali Caitrin

7 comments

  1. What a lovely post to write. It terrifies me that I am 25 next year and there's so much I should have told myself when I was 16/17 :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I told my 16/17 a couple of things but nothing bad haha!
      Thank you, and it's not too late to write a post to your future self of what you would have told your young self ;)

      Delete
  2. I adore posts like this- it'll be so cool to read when you're older! Your goals are real cool too, I like how there's a good mix of serious:lighthearted. Good luck with your goals ^.^

    goodmorningbelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you :D I'm hard on myself at times but only because sometimes I need a little push ;) haha!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! The future seems like such a long time from now and it's important to keep certain things in sight. I wish you luck and hope that everything you want to accomplish, you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you like it :P and I hope I can at least do the majority of them lol!
      Plus a lot can happen in a couple of years haha!

      Delete
  4. love this! traveling is definitely on my list as well :)

    xx danielle // avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig