It's Time For A Catch Up

autumn

Have you missed me? And yes it really has been a long time since I posted on here or done anything blogging related. Honestly we would be here all day if I went into every little detail about why this has come to happen so I've decided not to do that this time.


  • I'm not going to apologise.
  • I'm not going to call myself a terrible blogger.
  • I'm not going to wallow in self-pity and quit blogging for good.

So instead of doing any of that nonsense, I'll finish my cup of tea before it gets cold *tick* and let you in on what I've been up to while I've been away. Thank god October was an interesting month for me otherwise I would have nothing to write about for this post haha!

Goodbye Temp Work and Hello New Job

I had been getting admin work through a job agency for what felt like forever. It was more like 18 months but long story short I wanted to get out, and fast! Interviews weren't hard to get but I never had any luck actually being offered the job afterwards because there was always someone else with more experience. I needed a company to take a chance on me; let me prove that I could learn on the go and not need previous experience... then along came ATD Travel Services who did just that! I now work in web development support and I'm really enjoying it so far! I tend to ask loads of questions as I'm new at it all and I'm always tired in the evenings yet I still come home with a smile on my face (according to my Nan) so that's got to be a good sign right?

The Musical Was Wicked, Literally

As a late birthday present from my Mum, she wanted to take me out for the day to see a theatre show and asked me what I would like to see. Now I hadn't been to the theatre since I was 16 and that was for my drama GCSE so I was quite excited to be able to choose what to see and if you couldn't tell from the title already my choice was Wicked! I don't want to go into too much detail on my thoughts of the show as I'm thinking of doing a separate review post. All I'll say for now is the vocals from the cast were amazing, especially Rachel Tucker as Elphaba, and I loved feminist narrative they went with - props to them! Props to my Mum too as she managed to get us decent seats only a few rows away from the front and I have to admit that definitely made the experience better for the both of us.

Fantastic Beasts Treated Us Big Time

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram then you probably would have seen Dee and I rave about this already and I'm about to again because it was one of the most magical nights ever! Okay are you ready? Dee won two tickets to the Fantastic Beasts fan event in Leicester Square with the cast, director and J. K. Rowling attending and she invited me to go with her! Honestly I was in complete shock I replied to her text like "Are you sure you want me to come with you?" then spent the rest of the night squealing with excitement! The night was even better than we could have imagined - we were treated to a two minute never-before-seen clip from the film, there was a Q&A with the guests of honour and we didn't leave empty-handed either.

They gave us a goody bag as we were on our way out which had a film poster, Newt's wand, a wizard t-shirt and a bag of popcorn which will all be treasured for life, apart from the food of course haha! The film comes out this Friday and I even managed to get the day off just to watch it on the day it's released. Now if that's not dedication right there then I don't know what is!

Okay now that I've shared what I have been up to recently it's over to you lovely lot! How have you been?

Ali Caitrin

6 comments

  1. Woo sounds like an awesome month. Congrats on the new job, glad you are enjoying it!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that Fantastic Beasts event, and the goody bag, sounds amazing! Very jealous. Congrats on the new job, too, pleased to hear you are enjoying it! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! xx

    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congratulations on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new job. Looked like you had a great time in October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A massive congratulations on your new job that's great news!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig