Harry Potter, Food and Snapchat Filters | #AskAliCaitrin

Today is the day I do my first ever Q&A and the excitement is building over here! I decided a few weeks ago to bite the bullet and asked the great people of Twitter if they fancied giving me some questions to answer for a post; I even done a hashtag because I take myself way too seriously sometimes. ANYWAY you guys did not disappoint as I've answered a whopping 18 questions so you can all get to know me that little bit better and maybe get a giggle out of it. Let's get started!

#1 What's your greatest passion/interest? @AllThingsEla

Blogging is the passion I never expected to have and is one that has got bigger and bigger as time's gone on so I would have to pick that. It motivates me, inspires me and to be honest I don't know what I would be doing if I didn't start my blog over a year ago.

#2 If you had to live off one meal, what would it be? @Blupye

What a difficult but great question! Well my Nan is the best cook I know and I love Sunday roasts so if you put the two together the meal would have to be my Nan's Sunday roast. The photo above proves that I made the right decision!

#3 Are you doing the thing career-wise that your younger self wanted to do? @closingwinter

I'm getting there! For those that don't know I'm currently looking for my first IT job and I think my younger self would be proud of me for not giving up on my career goals even though there's been a few obstacles along the way.

#4 If you were the founder of Hogwarts, what would you call your House and what would be its traits? @PromptsByDee

Well as all of the Hogwarts houses are named after the Founder's last name I guess I should stick to that tradition and call my house Murphy! The traits would be similar to what I have which would be a mix of hard working, stubborn, kind, smart and curious. Wait am I allowed to call myself smart? I think I am..

#5 Would you rather have no knees or no elbows? @robowecop

This was by far the funniest question out of them all! I've been toing and froing with which one to pick and I've finally decided on no elbows. Don't ask me why because I honestly don't know, you'll just have to trust me on this one haha!

#6 What's the best book you've read lately? @sarahs_chapter

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell was one of the first books I read this year and I completely fell in love with the characters and the story! It's been a while since I've enjoyed almost everything about a book so I know I'll remember this one for a while.

#7 What Hogwarts house are you in and why do you think you're in it? Show us your house pride! @sarahs_chapter

I'm a loud and proud Hufflepuff! Forget for a sec that I pretty much am Tonks (anyone else who says otherwise is lying) Hufflepuffs are animal lovers, super loyal to people and are all round lovely people so I would like to think that's why I've been put into that house. Also our house animal is a badger and they can be pretty resourceful when they need to be!

#8 What's your dream job? @sarahs_chapter

I want to go into cyber security after getting a few years of IT experience so anything along those lines would be AMAZING! I still want to be blogging by then too if it's possible.

#9 Chocolate or cheese? @sarahs_chapter

As much as I love chocolate, I eat cheese a lot more and I don't think I could live without it. Are you seriously expecting me to put chocolate on my lasagne and pizza instead of cheese?

#10 What has been your greatest achievement with blogging so far? @chaptersofkat

It's been building my confidence to go to events and meet other bloggers and brands. I've always been an anxious person especially when comes to social interactions so the fact that I managed to go to events like the bloggers festival and have a great time shows a) how far I've come and b) it's not only a blog achievement but a personal one too.

#11 What are your top three favourite blogs to read? @sarahs_chapter

Tara from Cattitude and Co is one of my favourite feminist bloggers and her amazing personality shines through on her blog. I love how she speaks her mind and talks about important topics that some may shy away from - my respect for her is sky high!
Have you heard of Vix from Vix Meldrew? Of course you have! Her posts are hilarious and I can always relate to them, also we went to BeautyCon together last May and I can honestly say that she is just as charming and lovely in real life as she comes across on her blog and social media!
Last but not least, let's talk about Sarah from Sarah's Chapter! She is a bookworm after my own heart and her blog is just a dream to me. Let's not forget that her Instagram is actual goals too! I can't wait to meet her in a few months time to squeeze her and talk everything bookish.

#12 What's your ultimate dream in life? @dorkfaceblog

To travel the world. I'm an explorer and without sounding like a cliché I don't want to look back on my life in years to come and realise that I missed the opportunity to see new places and meet new people.

#13 How's your goodreads challenge going, and any advice for people struggling? @carpediememmie

It's going surprisingly well actually considering I've been so busy recently. I am one book behind schedule but I know I'll be able to catch up once I finish reading the book I'm on now.
For those that are struggling with their challenge at the moment, try not to get too hung up on it as you can only fit in what works with your schedule. I actually done a post in January on tips for your reading goals so anyone looking for advice can have a quick read of my experience from last year's challenge.

#14 If you could trade lives with one book character who would it be and why? @laaurenpiper

Definitely Alice from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Mostly because the Mad Hatter and I would be the best of friends and the fact that they all spend most of their time having tea parties sounds like a dream come true!

#15 Do you think we should decriminalise/legalise the sex industry? @KayCpage

Personally I think we should. As well as that we need to put laws in place to ensure that sex workers are protected from abuse because solely decriminalising the sex industry wouldn't solve the current issues around it. I hope that makes sense, I might actually do a post on this so I can explain my thoughts in more detail! What do you think?

#16 What's your favourite makeup product ever? @sarahs_chapter

I rarely wear a full face of makeup but I still couldn't live without my Max Factor false lash effect mascara. I've used it for years and I don't think I'll be changing it any time soon. I've also decided that snapchat filters are like my digital makeup and I know it sounds bizarre but I'm going say that they count too!

#17 If you could have any superpower what would it be? @hanelizabethblg

I always wanted to be able to fly when I was younger and to be honest that would make my life so much easier! No more relying on public transport and I could get some great views of the world - what could be better than that?

#18 How is it living in London? @GracieActually

I freaking love living in London! It may be crowded and expensive at times but by golly it's so much easier to get to places and there's more things to do compared to where I used to live! The views are cool too.


Wowzer that was a lot of questions! Thanks so much to everyone that took part in asking me things for my first Q&A, if I'm honest I was worried that no one would ask me anything so I'm glad people came to my rescue. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me more and I'll be back before you know it!

Ali Caitrin

4 comments

  1. Um hi, can your nan please cook me a Sunday roast? :P I'm a Gryffindor according to Pottermore but I did take the test again recently and it said I was a Ravenclaw. I still consider myself a Gryffindor though because Harry never took the test twice. Plus, I already have the scarf haha! I love HP!

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha is the photo of the roast dinner that tempting? ;)
      Well you have the scarf so I think Gryffindor is the one for you - I have a hufflepuff one hehe! Just a FYI, all the best people like Harry Potter :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post! The Q&A style worked well, it's nice to get to know you a bit more :)

    Hope the IT job hunt goes well! I'm a Software Developer myself and though I never really had an idea what I wanted to do when I was younger, it's been so great to find myself in a career that gives me challenge and intellectual satisfaction. (Ravenclaw over here!)

    Roisin x
    roisinfarmer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Roisin! This isn't a post I've ever done before so I was hoping it would still get a good response.
      Job hunting is hard but I don't want to give up as I've always wanted to go into IT - I'm looking for a more helpdesk role at the moment :)

      Delete

© Ali Caitrin

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig